A “core abandonment issue” is the earliest abandonment event that you can remember as a young child. This event caused you to have feelings of abandonment that have affected your self-esteem, ability to bond, trust, and love yourself and/or others. This event can be resolved presently or it can still be unresolved. Please read this short article first and then vote!
“Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man’s sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.”
Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. King’s quote speaks to the politics of humankind. You only have to look at the behaviors and actions of how we can tell a lie long enough, and offer enough, to be preceded as the truth. Our politicians do this to us to influence public opinion so they can lie to us. We quote our bibles and our belief systems to justify our prejudices, hateful acts, and discrimination against people or groups we do not like. To read the whole article click here and please comment.
President Obama on Marriage
Apollo XVI – 1972-04-16 from NASA and pdphoto.org
The cost of abandonment in war lives on from generation to generation. Each time we go to war we will always create more unresolved abandonment issues then we resolve. War is not the answer!
- It cost us money to address social and economic issues in or out of our own country.
- It cost us the lives that are lost and in the cost of the lives of the children, spouses, parents, friends, and companies that lost them.
- It cost us in the contributions these individuals had yet had the opportunity to contribute to the world.
- It cost us in the lives of the people we killed.
- It cost us our safety from people who now have an enhanced reason and desire to kill.
- It cost us our ethics.
- It cost us in the lost of lives, livelihoods, and our physical, emotional, and mental health.
- It cost us to experience an increase in the break-up of our families, societies, and civilizations.
- It cost us conflict with our belief in God.
- It cost us conflict in our view of the good in humankind.
- It cost us in the fighting and disagreement within our own nation.
- It cost us in our ability to serve and assist individuals and governments to achieve human rights and peace.
- It cost us our respect of ourselves and others.
Why? Watch a Robert Greenwald film (75-minutes): Iraq for Sale: War Profiteers
Also watch the Olberman: Bush Interview Unforgiveable (12-minutes)
Like you my father, step-father, and uncles they all fought to keep America free! This included our right to vote for the officials running our government.
In an earlier article on this blog it was pointed out that laws and social polices causes its citizens to experience abandonment feelings and events. What about when those in our country develop a system that abandons our right to elect our government. We see it happening all of the time around the world, yet we feel safe in America that our vote counts.
Is our vote at risk as well? Watch Hacking Democracy on the Internet and give your comments to this question. Do we need to abandon electronic voting in order to protect our vote and our right to elect our officials?
Click here to watch! Don’t forgive to comment. Protect your vote!
What is your most recent abandonment issue or experience? As stated in other articles on this blog abandonment experiences are normal outcomes of our day-to-day interactions, communications, behaviors, and reactions. This survey is seeking to identify your most recently abandonment experience.
Please read the choices and select the best answer for yourself. No information is saved about your IP address, nor are any cookies added to your computer. Only your answer and the time is reported for any of our surveys.
Thank you for your participation and vote often! Please return to review the results and read the upcoming articles!
If you haven’t taken the survey…What Is Your Core Abandonment Issues, please do so now!
Click on the blogtalkradio button to listen to this show!
It is this author’s belief that in order to resolve behaviors, misbelieves, conflicts, and wars one must resolve the abandonment issues that are at the root of these actions. Listeners are asked to read the article published on July 4, 2008 titled Resolving Abandonment Experiences with the Election of Barack Obama. It will provide the framework for discussion on this show.
The wait is over! Thank You For Loving Me! The Psychology of Abandonment, Healing and Loving has been released for immediate sale on Amazon.com and CreateSpace.com!
Price has been discounted 20%!
Thank You for Loving Me!
Congratulations President Obama on Winning the Nobel Peace Prize!
“Take the first step in faith. You do not
have to see the whole staircase.
Just take the first step.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
A “corrective learning experience,” has been described in others writings by this author as events, experiences, or acts that allow us the opportunities and resources to correct or heal an abandonment experience. This includes our self-esteem, ability to bond, love, and trust; as well as our desires to destroy, harm, or kill others and ourselves.
To read how the election of Barack Obama would provide “corrective learning experiences” to individuals, groups and nations…click here!
Thank You for Loving Me! is dedicated:
“To those who love, and to those who want to be loved!”
James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief of The Midwest Book Review wrote:
“Thank You for Loving Me! is about the practical psychology in a poetic format of loving and healing based on John Rice’s self-help, self-improvement seminar. It is about the necessity of taking risk, pursuing dreams; the role of friendship and the nature of love in the human experience; the impediments we all heir to; the concepts, values, and standards we all held to (by ourselves as well as by others); and the critical role of gratitude in peace of mind and personal tranquility. The psychology is sound, the style simple, the message elegant, the book timely and timeless.”
- Chapter 1 – I Just Discovered How Much I Love You
- What are you risking?
- I just want to be loved!
- It all starts with our parents.
- Time goes on, Life moves forward.
- Wherever I am.
- Chapter 2 – The Almighty Image
- I need God in my life!
- Lord, I haven’t been hearing You!
- Thank You for loving me, Lord!
- Some people think?
Chapter 3 – In My Image
- I had a dream!
- The truth is…
- How easy it is to spend your life looking!
- Being your friend first.
- When I was younger…
- Sex is an action…
- Friends are those who…
- Love & friendship
- Love, what is it?
- There is no such thing…
- You’re involved with another…
- Love is!
- It is extremely difficult…
- I’m sorry!
- It has been said…
- There is something…
- Love! For the longest time…
- I shared with a friend…
- Do I prefer casual sex?
- It is one of the greatest ironies of love…
- I have learned…
- Emotions and feelings…
- Can you understand?
- If you haven’t experience!
- Where does love begin?
- There are two stages…
- Chapter 4 – Do I Chase You Away?
- What do you want?
- Whenever I see someone…
- I met someone!
- If I were honest?
- I wonder?
- Would I chase you away?
- What should I do?
- Before we can talk!
- You say you’ve said that…
- I finally fell…
- I’m sorry!
- I’m sorry that I…
- There are times when…
- When I am silent…
- You know!
- At times I feel…
- If we would only be…
- I don’t want to…
- Chapter 5 – Can I Be Held?
- It was a moment…
- When I say no.
- Have you noticed?
- If we discover…
- I’m loved by…
- I’m sorry I’m not capable…
- Chapter 6 – Thank You For Loving Me!
- Thank you for…
- I love you!
- Thank you!
- The key to peace is…
- Thank you..It hasn’t been easy!
- Thank you…for teaching…
- Thank you…Because.
- Thank you…I have experienced.
- Thank you…You know.
- Thank you for loving…
As I prepared to presenter my seminar…It’s All About Abandonment, June 7th at the 2008 Conference of the National Association of Social Worker – Florida Chapter, I decided to share it with the world. It is that important to me! You will need Adobe to view this file. If you do not have Adobe Reader you can download it free by clicking on this link!
I ask that you respect my copyright to this presentation, as well as all of the articles I have posted. Please give me credit for the material and provide a link-back to this site so others can join our learning community.
My short and long-rang goals are to provide:
- Train-the-Trainer programs for all occupations that work, service, and care for people;
- Seminars for individuals and professionals that want to increase their interpersonal communication skills and attributes;
- Develop an International Think-Tank to exchange ideas on possible solutions that may assist in the treatment and healing of abandonment issues, experiences, and events;
- Continue to write reading and training materials on the many different subjects of abandonment.
Please feel free to email me your interest in any of these goals to: email@example.com
Click here to read…The Answers to Human Behaviors! Please add your comments to the discussion.