Thank You for Loving Me!
Thank You for Loving Me! is dedicated:
“To those who love, and to those who want to be loved!”
James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief of The Midwest Book Review wrote:
“Thank You for Loving Me! is about the practical psychology in a poetic format of loving and healing based on John Rice’s self-help, self-improvement seminar. It is about the necessity of taking risk, pursuing dreams; the role of friendship and the nature of love in the human experience; the impediments we all heir to; the concepts, values, and standards we all held to (by ourselves as well as by others); and the critical role of gratitude in peace of mind and personal tranquility. The psychology is sound, the style simple, the message elegant, the book timely and timeless.”
- Chapter 1 – I Just Discovered How Much I Love You
- What are you risking?
- I just want to be loved!
- It all starts with our parents.
- Time goes on, Life moves forward.
- Wherever I am.
- Chapter 2 – The Almighty Image
- I need God in my life!
- Lord, I haven’t been hearing You!
- Thank You for loving me, Lord!
- Some people think?
Chapter 3 – In My Image
- I had a dream!
- The truth is…
- How easy it is to spend your life looking!
- Being your friend first.
- When I was younger…
- Sex is an action…
- Friends are those who…
- Love & friendship
- Love, what is it?
- There is no such thing…
- You’re involved with another…
- Love is!
- It is extremely difficult…
- I’m sorry!
- It has been said…
- There is something…
- Love! For the longest time…
- I shared with a friend…
- Do I prefer casual sex?
- It is one of the greatest ironies of love…
- I have learned…
- Emotions and feelings…
- Can you understand?
- If you haven’t experience!
- Where does love begin?
- There are two stages…
- Chapter 4 – Do I Chase You Away?
- What do you want?
- Whenever I see someone…
- I met someone!
- If I were honest?
- I wonder?
- Would I chase you away?
- What should I do?
- Before we can talk!
- You say you’ve said that…
- I finally fell…
- I’m sorry!
- I’m sorry that I…
- There are times when…
- When I am silent…
- You know!
- At times I feel…
- If we would only be…
- I don’t want to…
- Chapter 5 – Can I Be Held?
- It was a moment…
- When I say no.
- Have you noticed?
- If we discover…
- I’m loved by…
- I’m sorry I’m not capable…
- Chapter 6 – Thank You For Loving Me!
- Thank you for…
- I love you!
- Thank you!
- The key to peace is…
- Thank you..It hasn’t been easy!
- Thank you…for teaching…
- Thank you…Because.
- Thank you…I have experienced.
- Thank you…You know.
- Thank you for loving…
The third edition of Thank You for Loving Me! The Psychology of Abandonment, Healing, and Loving has been released for purchase online at CreateSpace and Amazon.com. This is one of three books by J. Ray Rice, M.S.W., A.C.S.W., that will be released in 2008.
Thank You for Loving Me! has been rewritten over 200 times since its first copyright in 1977. It started out as a personal growth journal the author kept during therapy. When he was a graduate student in training to become a therapist he realized that he could not take someone else to a point or level he had not reached himself. To achieve this end he began his personal growth journal that grew into a book that he has been written over 36 years.
Lessons in life have to be experienced and learned. You just cannot tell people what to do and how to do it. They have to learn! Thank You for Loving Me is a book that you will read and reread to understand the life lessons in it. The author took 36 years to write this book and friends that have read and reread the book before are still learning and seeing new lessons in the book.
The format of the book is written in proses. Prose is not poetry; prose is a matter-of-fact form of writing.
Remember the Chinese proverb, “Give a person a fish and feed them for the day, teach them how to fish and feed them for a lifetime.” Thank You for Loving Me teaches you how to love and heal so you can love and heal a lifetime!
Brief explanation of the book:
- What is the manuscript about?
- Thank You For Loving Me is about the human experience of loving and being loved. It assists the reader to understand how issues of abandonment have affected their self-esteem and the way they look at life events. It offers a tool on how to go about resolving ones’ hurts and losses.
- Who should read it?
- Anyone who loves and want to be love should read Thank You For Loving Me! It is written to adolescences and adults; male and female; straight and gay.
- What will the reader learn from it?
- How to learn to love and be loved by others and ourselves.
- How to resolve our abandonment issues so we can feel completely safe and secure in who we are as individuals.
- How and why we should respect all the people of the world.
- Why it is important?
- To increase our ability to love others and ourselves.
- Resolving our abandonment issues increases our ability to resolve conflicts.
- Resolving our abandonment issues enhances our ability to succeed in living within the global community.
- Resolving our abandonment issues reduces wars and violence toward each other.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to live together as a family.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to commit and rear our children.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to bond and succeed in long-term relationships.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to be tolerant of people, cultures, and norms that are different from ours.
Anticipated market for the book
- Who is the book marketed to and who should read this book?
- Adolescences (13 years old and up) and all adults, male and female.
- How big is the audience?
- How many copies will be printed?
- Print-on-demand allows any book order of one or more copies to be printed and shipped worldwide within a week of ordering.
Will the book be illustrated?
- The book has 36 beautiful and feeling illustrations drawn by William (“Bill”) Sawicki (03/19/1945 – 02/18/2001).
- What makes this author qualified to write this book?
- The author is a trained social worker that has been treating abandonment issues all of his life.
- He has traveled to 19-countries and examined these issues in their societies.
- What are his credentials?
- The author has a Master of Social Work degree.
- He has treated thousands of teens, adults, and their families
- How has he developed his experience in writing about this subject?
- He has designed and administrated treatment programs with a specialty in resolving abandonment issues.
- He developed the books during his own treatment experiences and enhanced it over the years in the treatment of others.
- He has used his book in therapy with adolescences and adult for 30 years.
- He has lectured and trained national and internationally on abandonment issues and the effects of unresolved abandonment issues on individuals, groups and societies.
Format of the manuscript
- Thank You For Loving Me is written in proses.
Can I order a copy of the second edition, published in 1997 without the illustrations?
- Yes, drop us an email.
Can I give a review on the 1st and 2nd editions of… Thank You For Loving Me?
- Yes! Just click on Add Comment.