No one questioned me in my other articles I stated that, “we need to have a Social Worker for every 40 students in our schools from Pre-School or Kindergarten though College to provide individual, group, family and multi-family therapy. We do not want to acknowledge the level of pathology that existence within people but all you need to do is to turn on your TV or read a newspaper and you can see it. It is my professional opinion that all schools from Pre-School or Kindergarten though College need to be therapeutic schools! This means that they provide therapy for all of their students and all of their families.
One cannot go swimming without getting wet. One cannot grow up with major unresolved abandonment issues, events, and actions in their lives and not be affected. Some of us can handle these experiences and use them to become a better person. Some of us cannot handle these experiences and they cause us not to feel good about society and ourselves. Support is needed for both situations.
Some of us are acknowledging that our planet is sick and it is in the process of killing life because our actions are killing it. We also need to acknowledge that people are sick and that is why they are killing each other and themselves. Sticking our heads in the sand does not work with the environment, nor does it work in society. Our goose is cooked in both examples.
My mentor H.C. Smith, Ph.D., wrote to others and me today (02/15/08): “John you are at the leading edge as a thought leader on the subject of “Abandonment” and the examples continue to be demonstrated. The NIU event is just another of many you have predicted and projected. Stay the course my friend.” Your message is very timely. Many are called. Few are chosen.”
As a society we are paying for the human conditions people are living in, fighting in, and dying in. The call to allow students to carry a gun to school so they can protect themselves should show us how sick our society has become.
All behaviors have meaning! To read the article on Steven Kazmierczak click here.
The third edition of Thank You for Loving Me! The Psychology of Abandonment, Healing, and Loving has been released for purchase online at CreateSpace and Amazon.com. This is one of three books by J. Ray Rice, M.S.W., A.C.S.W., that will be released in 2008.
Thank You for Loving Me! has been rewritten over 200 times since its first copyright in 1977. It started out as a personal growth journal the author kept during therapy. When he was a graduate student in training to become a therapist he realized that he could not take someone else to a point or level he had not reached himself. To achieve this end he began his personal growth journal that grew into a book that he has been written over 36 years.
Lessons in life have to be experienced and learned. You just cannot tell people what to do and how to do it. They have to learn! Thank You for Loving Me is a book that you will read and reread to understand the life lessons in it. The author took 36 years to write this book and friends that have read and reread the book before are still learning and seeing new lessons in the book.
The format of the book is written in proses. Prose is not poetry; prose is a matter-of-fact form of writing.
Remember the Chinese proverb, “Give a person a fish and feed them for the day, teach them how to fish and feed them for a lifetime.” Thank You for Loving Me teaches you how to love and heal so you can love and heal a lifetime!
Brief explanation of the book:
- What is the manuscript about?
- Thank You For Loving Me is about the human experience of loving and being loved. It assists the reader to understand how issues of abandonment have affected their self-esteem and the way they look at life events. It offers a tool on how to go about resolving ones’ hurts and losses.
- Who should read it?
- Anyone who loves and want to be love should read Thank You For Loving Me! It is written to adolescences and adults; male and female; straight and gay.
- What will the reader learn from it?
- How to learn to love and be loved by others and ourselves.
- How to resolve our abandonment issues so we can feel completely safe and secure in who we are as individuals.
- How and why we should respect all the people of the world.
- Why it is important?
- To increase our ability to love others and ourselves.
- Resolving our abandonment issues increases our ability to resolve conflicts.
- Resolving our abandonment issues enhances our ability to succeed in living within the global community.
- Resolving our abandonment issues reduces wars and violence toward each other.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to live together as a family.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to commit and rear our children.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to bond and succeed in long-term relationships.
- Unresolved abandonment issues affect our ability to be tolerant of people, cultures, and norms that are different from ours.
Anticipated market for the book
- Who is the book marketed to and who should read this book?
- Adolescences (13 years old and up) and all adults, male and female.
- How big is the audience?
- How many copies will be printed?
- Print-on-demand allows any book order of one or more copies to be printed and shipped worldwide within a week of ordering.
Will the book be illustrated?
- The book has 36 beautiful and feeling illustrations drawn by William (“Bill”) Sawicki (03/19/1945 – 02/18/2001).
- What makes this author qualified to write this book?
- The author is a trained social worker that has been treating abandonment issues all of his life.
- He has traveled to 19-countries and examined these issues in their societies.
- What are his credentials?
- The author has a Master of Social Work degree.
- He has treated thousands of teens, adults, and their families
- How has he developed his experience in writing about this subject?
- He has designed and administrated treatment programs with a specialty in resolving abandonment issues.
- He developed the books during his own treatment experiences and enhanced it over the years in the treatment of others.
- He has used his book in therapy with adolescences and adult for 30 years.
- He has lectured and trained national and internationally on abandonment issues and the effects of unresolved abandonment issues on individuals, groups and societies.
Format of the manuscript
- Thank You For Loving Me is written in proses.
Can I order a copy of the second edition, published in 1997 without the illustrations?
Can I give a review on the 1st and 2nd editions of… Thank You For Loving Me?
- Yes! Just click on Add Comment.
To read more click here…